Thursday, May 26, 2016

flowers and an apron







I finally finished my new not-so-new fancy apron this past week. I made it out of some old curtains that I couldn't bear to part with, made out of some of my favorite Heather Bailey fabric. I ordered these amazing buttons to originally add onto the apron, but I'm feeling that it's done as it is. Admittedly, my sewing pace is quite slow these days. Plus, they just look a little too lovely in their little package.

The flowers are amazing around here right now, and everything seems to be growing at full speed this year. The nights are even starting to feel a bit more like summer already, but not too quickly. And there are absolutely no complaints coming from out this way about any of it.


8 comments:

  1. I love your apron, it shouts spring! And so do your flowers, gorgeous. We have been enjoying summer like temperatures this week, and the nights are hot and humid. I am loving it :)

    Wishing you and your family the most beautiful weekend my friend. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so beautiful! Did you mean to make the flowers on the different fabrics match up like that? It's a nice effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks, but no! I didn't actually notice that!

      Delete
  3. That is one pretty apron , have fun cooking and baking in beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The vintage apron is so pretty. Lovely packet of buttons too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those flowers are beautiful and I love that little packet of blue buttons too. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i absolutely love your apron and the lovely story behind it! my favorite projects always have a story. your flowers are absolutely wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete