Monday, May 16, 2016

the garden so far




Two weeks ago



 first ripe berries in May!
our new garden box planted with scarlet runner beans, pole beans, beets, zucchini, tomatoes, calendula, and cucumbers

 peas, kale, sorrel, cilantro, cabbage, and pole beans



our catnip and fairy flower garden
more tomatoes and cucumbers planted in root pouches - and too much lettuce!


Well, it's been a long time. I guess a new beginning for me meant a lot more time away from this space than with it. To be honest, it's been lovely - and just what I needed. All of my extra energy has been put into planting and preparing, I truly had forgotten how much work getting the garden going can be. The weather has been a bit warm out this way, so much so that our first squash is growing already, we are picking strawberries, and tomatoes are flowering.

I think we finally have everything planted, some of it in a more organized way than other parts, but all of it growing happily nonetheless. The rains have returned just in time to give us some rest. These are definitely my favorite days, more so every year.

Happy gardening!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carlin, it's nice to see you. I'm glad you feel restored by your time away. Sometimes, it's just the right thing. Your garden looks wonderful, so much happening already. I especially loved your strawberry, my favorite food. :) Our strawberries are still green but I can't wait to eat one when they ripen - the best strawberries ever are the little homegrown ones. I hope you and your family are doing well. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there my friend, so nice to see you in your space. I am so happy your time away from this space was good for you. Sometimes we all need a little time away :) Everything looks wonderful in your garden. I look forward to watching it grow.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow your garden looks amazing, I am not suprised you have not been in this space you have been so busy. How wonderful to nearly be able to harvest the fruits of you labour. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! What a little haven. It's truly a beautiful garden. I planted scarlet runner beans for the first time this year and I am excited. It looks like I am a touch behind you in the season, I am putting my tomatoes out today with any luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! you have been a busy bee!! i must admit i'm feeling a wee bit jealous here... i keep planting and the deer keep eating it all :( i am going to have to plan a fenced garden bed for next year. at least i get to watch your beauties grow over the summer and get plenty of inspiration for next year!! :)

    ReplyDelete