Tuesday, June 14, 2016

more growing and sewing







I've finally finished my first pair of the Purl Bee Gym Shorts. Aren't they lovely? They really are - I've been meaning to make them for so long, I'm so glad I finally did it. Even though I started them a year ago, they are a remarkably quick project and all sorts of comfortable.

The garden is growing quickly and I'm a bit worried that things might be planted a bit too close for comfort, but only time will tell. It sure is pretty though, and the flowering of the scarlet runner beans is a sure sign that summer is just around the corner.

In the meantime, we are enjoying a break from the heat that was upon us last week and patiently awaiting the long and lazy days of summer.


joining Nicole today

5 comments:

  1. What a lovely post, Carlin. I enjoyed seeing your little strawberries especially. Those shorts are adorable! I should have a look at that pattern. Hope you and your family are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little shorts are so cute! I love the brown toadstool print paired with the chambray! -Beth D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the shorts!!! And your garden, it looks great. Don't worry about it being to closely planted, it will get wild and crazy, and still produce delicious food for you :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks wonderful! I don't suppose everything being close will matter that much it looks like it is still growing well. I love the shorts too they look really comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was so fun catching up with you in this space! your sewing and growing is so inspiring! i love those shorts! and the fabrics you picked are such a perfect pair!

    ReplyDelete